New York City Business Litigation Attorney
Providing aggressive, innovative litigation strategies
Bhurtel Law Firm provides a comprehensive approach to resolving business disputes. Our experienced business attorney handles complex business litigation matters, such as:
- Contracts: Breach of contract or fiduciary duty
- Rental agreements: Disputes with landlords, tenants and equipment lessors
- Business torts: Trade libel, commercial class actions and tortious interference with a contract
- Investor claims: Shareholder lawsuits, securities fraud, and derivative actions
- Collections: Judgment enforcement and mechanic’s lien foreclosure
- Intellectual property: Theft of inventions, artistic works, and computer software
- Competition: Unfair business practices and noncompetition agreements
- Uniform Commercial Code (UCC): Disputes involving the sale of goods
- Real estate: Commercial land ownership disputes, including eminent domain and title actions
- International business: Disputes with offshore corporations and partnerships
- Defending uninsured physician: if you are an uninsured physician and sued by claimant you need a private lawyer.
- Dispute between insured and insurance company: if you have a dispute between you and your insurance company related to insurance coverage dispute.
Instead of pursuing extended litigation, we may be able to resolve your business dispute out of court. However, if your case does not settle, you need a lawyer who has strong business knowledge and an excellent reputation to represent you at trial.
What is civil litigation?
Civil litigation is a lawsuit between a plaintiff and a defendant in civil court, while criminal litigation is brought by the state against an individual in criminal court. Our attorney has experience with litigating civil disputes between businesses and prepares a solid case for you to present at trial. However, we may settle your case quicker with mediation or arbitration.
If we cannot settle your case, we provide guidance through each step of the litigation process, including:
- Complaint: The first document a plaintiff files with the court, which contains the factual allegations against the defendant and a prayer for relief asking for a remedy from the court.
- Answer: The first document a defendant files with the court, which “answers” the plaintiff’s complaint.
- Discovery: The civil procedure requiring attorneys for both sides to disclose all information relevant to the trial, which includes submitting boxes of documents, deposing witnesses and answering written questions, called interrogatories.
- Trial: The jury resolves all factual disputes and reaches a verdict after hearing each side’s arguments and reviewing the evidence obtained during discovery.
When your business is involved in a lawsuit in New York, you need representation that understands your situation and finds the most cost-effective resolution. Our attorney has the knowledge and resources to provide a solid strategy for your case.
Contact us for a consultation without experienced, aggressive litigators
Our attorneys serve clients in Queens, Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, and Nassau County, providing comprehensive litigation counseling. Contact us by email or call us at 718-509-6181 for a consultation. We speak Nepali, Hindi, Urdu, and Spanish.
Tags: Business Litigation