Queens Railroad Accident Attorney Recovers Damages for Victims
Helping injured victims of train collisions recover compensation
Bhurtel Law Firm has the knowledge and resources to pursue your personal injury claim resulting from a railroad accident. Our attorney has experience pursuing railroad operators and winning compensation for accident victims.
A railroad company is liable for your injuries if you could not reasonably avoid being injured by the train. Whether your vehicle was hit by a train or you were struck while on foot, our personal injury attorney handles all the details of your claim. Common reasons for railroad accidents include:
- Derailments: Trains derail because of faulty tracks, excessive speeds and conductor error.
- Signs: Vegetation growth causes a railroad sign to be hidden from view.
- Collisions: Trains collide with a vehicle, pedestrian or another train.
- Spills: Tanker cars spill dangerous chemicals in neighborhoods.
- Track defects: Deteriorated tracks cause a vehicle to get stuck or a person to get trapped.
- Signal problems: Warning signals do not function properly.
- Equipment failure: Crossing gates are broken or missing.
- Security: Inadequate security protocols on a train cause injuries.
I was injured on a New York subway — what do I need to know?
If you suffered injuries from a subway accident, you must file a claim with the New York City Transit Authority within 90 days of the accident or your claim will be denied, unless the court gives you permission to file a late notice of claim before the statute of limitation expires. The NYC Transit Authority is self-insured and has both no-fault and liability coverage. Our attorney knows how to deal directly with the NYC Transit Authority and get you full compensation.
What are my rights as an injured railroad employee?
Many people injured in train accidents are railroad employees. If you are a railroad worker, you have special rights to compensation under the Federal Employers Liability Act (FELA). Our attorney represents injured railroad employees, from conductors to track workers, in all types of accidents. We know how railroad companies operate and understand their medical and pension benefits.
Contact us for a free consultation — we are dedicated to helping victims of railroad accidents
Bhurtel Law Firm provides flexible hours at its offices in Jackson Heights and Manhattan. Our attorney serves clients in Queens, Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx and Nassau County. Schedule a conference today with a member of our legal team. Contact us by email or call us at [ln::phone]. In personal injury cases, we offer free initial consultations and are compensated on a contingency-fee basis, which means you owe us nothing unless you receive compensation. We speak Nepali, Hindi, Urdu and Spanish.