New York Attorney Pursues Damages for Slip and Fall Victims
Winning you compensation for slip and falls in Queens
Bhurtel Law Firm provides you with reliable legal advice if you have been injured in a slip and fall accident. Our attorney has the experience to help you receive compensation from the owner of the property where your accident occurred. Slip and fall accidents have many causes, including:
How do I get a fair settlement in a slip and fall case?
In slip and falls, you must prove that the property owner was negligent. Under New York law, property owners must use reasonable care to keep their property safe. To be compensated by the property owner after a slip and fall accident, you must prove that the owner (or employee) of the premises:
- Knew or should have known of the dangerous condition on the property
- Failed to correct the problem or post an adequate warning
If you are physically able to do so after your accident, you should collect all evidence available before you leave the place where the slip and fall occurred. Our attorneys recommend that you do the following before leaving the scene:
- Get medical attention: Make sure you receive pre-hospital care immediately if you are injured
- Take photos: Get pictures of the accident scene and your injuries
- Talk to witnesses: Get names of witnesses at the scene and their contact information
- File an accident report: File an accident report with the business and get a copy
- Gather all evidence: Save your shoes for evidence and preserve the item that caused your fall
How long does it take to settle a slip and fall case?
Our personal injury attorney will assemble the evidence and demand a settlement from the property owner’s insurance company. We try to obtain most settlements within a reasonable time. In the rare situation that your case goes to trial, our attorney is skilled in the courtroom and is ready to present your case to the jury.
Contact us for a free consultation — we represent victims of slip and falls
Bhurtel Law Firm provides flexible hours at its offices in Jackson Heights and Manhattan. Our attorney serves clients in Queens, Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx and Nassau County. If you are unable to get to our office, we will visit you at home. Contact us by email or call us at 718-509-6181. In personal injury cases, we offer free initial consultations and are compensated on a contingency-fee basis, which means you owe us nothing unless you receive compensation. We speak Nepali, Hindi, Urdu and Spanish.