If you have been badly hurt from a poorly designed, poorly manufactured or poorly labeled product, you may have a defective product liability claim. The sum of money you can get if you were to sue for your injuries is called “damages” — compensation that covers things like medical and other healthcare expenses, loss of income or property or other losses.
The types of damages to which you may be entitled include:
- Medical expenses: You want compensation to cover doctor, hospital, pharmacy, physical therapy and other medical bills — now and in the future — if ongoing treatment is necessary.
- Disability expenses: If your injury requires you to make certain changes to your home or lifestyle, you want compensation to cover these costs — e.g., paying someone to help you with daily chores or to make changes to your home to accommodate a loss of mobility.
- Lost present and future wages: If your injury keeps you out of work for weeks, months or indefinitely, you want to be compensated.
- Property loss or repair: If the product that caused your injury also destroyed your property, then you want to be compensated.
- Pain and suffering: You may be entitled to compensation for the pain, anguish or loss of enjoyment of life resulting from your injury.
- Loss of consortium or loss of society: You may be entitled to compensation for loss in sexual relations, companionship, emotional support and affection. Your spouse may also be able to obtain compensation for loss of consortium.
Our firm has a deep understanding of New York products liability law and we can determine whether you have a strong case. We fight to win fair compensation to cover damages — whether you or a loved one was injured or killed by an unsafe product. We are ready to represent you.