When the physician, medical care provider facility or hospital deviated or departed from accepted community standard of practice, and that such departure was a proximate cause of the patient’s brain injuries at that condition patient may bring an action against such physician. In legal term, it is called medical Malpractice, and in general term, we may say it is physician’s fault or wrongful act, the error which caused injury to the patient.
Physician, clinics, facility or hospital has a duty to timely diagnose patient’s medical condition, find the risk of disease or condition and provide medical advice to his/her patient where the patient can make the informed decision to take particular medical treatment from the physician, clinic, or hospital. Further, if necessary, Physician or facility or hospital should have referred to the specialist to further evaluate patient’s condition.
When a physician, clinic or hospital failed to timely diagnose a medical condition and/or provide medical care timely which may cause injury to the patient. If such act or omission of physician caused injury the patient at that condition patient may have the claim against physician, facility, clinic or hospital.
Some Types of Delay to treat or failure to diagnose a medical condition are:
- Delay in diagnosing and/or providing treatment of Cancer
- Delay in diagnosing and/or providing treatment of breast Cancer
- Delay in diagnosing and/or providing treatment of brain hemorrhage or tumor
- Delay in diagnosing and/or providing treatment of lung disease or condition
- Delay in diagnosing and/or providing treatment of kidney disease or condition
- Delay in performing caesarean section
- Delay in diagnosing and/or providing treatment of herniated disc
- Delay in performing surgery
- Delay in performing MRI, CAT Scan or other tests
- Delay in diagnosing and/or providing treatment of carotid artery blockage
- Failure to perform timely CAT scan and administer medication resulting in an aneurysm
- Failure to perform Biopsy
- Failure to perform or properly perform blood tests and urinalysis
- Failure to obtain timely sonogram
- Failure to obtain Mammogram, thermogram, sonogram, and/or needle aspiration
The victim of Doctor Negligence may claim following damages:
- Past medical care expenses
- Future medical care expenses
- Loss of income
- Past Pain and suffering
- Future pain and suffering
- If applicable life care expenses
- Other damages
BLF obtains Medical expert’s medical opinion what was the cause of injuries because of failure to diagnose and provide treatment. Based on Medical Expert’s opinion BLF decides whether to process the claim or not.